LARRY VS HARRY
BULLITT - BIKE ONLY
**COVID 19 UPDATE: PRE-ORDER NOW!!** With global demand peaking, 2021 will be an even more difficult year to buy a bike. To answer this problem, we've made all of our orders transparent, including the ETA of each bike and the option to place a (fully refundable) deposit to secure it. Please note that we will not be able to order any more bikes than the bikes already ordered! To see quantity available and estimated delivery date, click here. If available, place a deposit and we'll confirm order within 48 hours.
The Bullitt cargo bike is a high-handling cargo bike in a world of cargo bikes that assume their customers are over-cautious and inexperienced as cyclists. Bullitt makes no such assumption. Their cargo bikes are a revival of the two-wheeled Danish "long john" (the two-wheeled cargo bike is a Danish invention) and it's meant to hop curbs, maneuver tight around corners, accelerate quickly and drop off packages (or kids) quickly - because hey, time is money. This bike is all about handling, and that means the ride is as safe as your handling skills. You can ride slow-and-safe as you drop off the kids and then hammer and corner your way to work. It's as fast as you want it to be and as safe as you want it to be.
This stripped-down Bullitt is for the user who's got a plan, whether that means strapping cargo down to the chassis by bungee cord, buying one of Bullitts cargo-boxes on the chassis (available by special order), or throwing down a big rubbermaid container down for groceries. You just have to choose your frame colour and drivetrain.
Year-round cyclists who want low maintenance usually opt for the internal gear options. The Nexus 7 option offers a fairly wide 244% gear ratio with a heavier steel hub but keeps the price low - great if you're mostly riding with low payloads on flat terrain. The Alfine 8 hub option uses a lighter alloy hub and jacks the ratio up to a decent 306% - great for hills, speed, and everything in between. Want lower maintenance? Add the Alfine 8 system with the Gates Belt drive.
The two derailleur systems on-offer vastly increase climbing and speed range and also lighten up the bike significantly - but they do add maintenance, especially in winter. The Deore system has 20 speeds with a massive 327% gear range, most of it on the climbing side. However, if you're carrying heavy loads, have bigger hills, and don't want the e-assist options we advise spending the dough on the XT drivetrain. The XT drivetrain use a large 42T rear cog (the Deore only has a 32T), giving you a massive 418% gear range, perfect for all-terrain all-payload and all-everything.
- Questions? Book a consultation with one of our Cargo Bike experts
- Want to learn more? Read our Bullitt Review!
- Lightweight 6061 Aluminum frame
- Short wheelbase and low centre of gravity puts less bike and more handling into corners
- Steep seat and head-tube angles optimize acceleration and handling
- Super-stiff frame doesn't flex in corners: total mind-bike connection
- All bikes use high-end hydraulic disc brakes
- Low maintenance, Nexus 7 internal gears provide 244% gear range, good for light payloads and few hills
- Low maintenance, Alfine 8 internal gears provide 306% gear range, good for heavier payloads and bigger hills, optional Gates Belt Drive
- Lightweight Deore system provides 327% gears with more in-between increments, perfect for heavy payloads and all terrain
- Lightweight and high-performance XT system provides massive 418% gear range, ready for anything
- Replaceable dropouts for easy drivetrain switcheroos
- Split frame for Gates installation
- Heavy duty aluminum kickstand
- Experienced cyclists recommended
- Maximum Capacity: 180kg or 400lbs
- Designed in Denmark
- PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
|FRAME||Super-stiff Aluminum Alloy - Powder-coated|
|WEIGHT CAPACITY||400lbs (rider + payload)|
|HEADSET||FSA Orbit XL Pressfit w/cartridge bearings|
|STEM||Satori Easyup w/ quick 100mm up/down adjustment|
|GRIPS||Lock-on (never loosens up)|
|SEATPOST||350mm Alloy w/optional quick release|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro, Magura or Shimano (see brakes, above)|
|SHIFTER||Varies per bike|
|FRONT HUB||Novatec disc front|
|REAR HUB||Varies per drivetrain choice|
|SPOKES||Stainless steel, 36H, 14G|
|RIMS||Super-strong Alex DM24|
|TIRES||Schwalbe Marathon (except XT model: super-fast Schwalbe Kojak)|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Cartridge sealed|
|CRANKS||Varies per model - Alloy 170mm|
|COGSET||Varies per model|
|PEDALS||Alloy, sealed bearing|
|KICKSTAND||Integrated wide-base aluminum spring loaded|
|LOCK||ABUS Protectus 5000 Cafe Lock|
|BIKE DIMENSIONS||L 243 x W46 x H76 cm|
|CHASSIS DIMENSIONS||L: 724mm bottom, 824mm top, W; 466mm|
|5' 4"||6' 7"|
Did you know we ship bikes completely built and ready to ride? Our bikes are shipped Ride Out Of The Box meaning they are professionally tuned and delivered - worry free. Your bike will arrive at your door step with any accessories installed, so you can ride it right out of the box!
READY TO RIDE
Want to know how much shipping will cost? Just tell us where its going!