WOOL MITTEN WITH DEER LEATHER
100% U.S.A. Made from American Ragg Wool. These full mittens with 2.5 ounce Deerskin palms are the warmest item we offer, for the coldest days of the year. We cut our own Deerskin here in Brooklyn and attach them to the gloves using a century old Singer chain-stitch post bed machine. For a quick clip, see the video below...it's not the easiest process.
Lined with NEWTECH - a poly pill lining that is considered one of the softest synthetics out there - these mittens are super comfortable and cozy.
All labels are lightly tacked on and can be removed easily - don't worry, we won't be offended if you take them off.
The cuffs are a double hem so that no wind can get through at the wrists.
- Content: 85% USA Wool, 15% USA Nylon. Lined with NEWTECH (100% PA)
- Ragg Wool: The nylon in this traditional workwear/gardening wool blend allows for shape retention and durability. The high quality wool will wick away moisture to keep hands warm and dry.
- Washing Instructions: machine was with any detergent and lay flat to dry.
- Source: Knitted in Upstate, NY and finished in Brooklyn, NY.
- Size Info: Each style of glove we make comes in two sizes, a smaller size, and a larger size. For the mittens we recommend following the measurement guidelines exactly. If your fingers are too long for the smaller mittens, then they will be crushed against the top of the mitten and it won't stretch.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PARTS & ACCESSORIES ORDERS OVER $150
We use UPS in the USA and either UPS, Purolator, Canpar or Canada Post within Canada. Orders may take 1-2 business days to process. A tracking number will be provided by email. US Customers are c harged 5.5% for duties (it appears as "Federal Tax" in your checkout ) on all items, but you are not charged either US or Canadian tax, since neither are legally applicable . In other words, we charge 5.5% duty to all US orders, we pre-pay the duties to US customs (so you don't have to deal with them ), and you don't pay a cent of tax. Not a bad deal, especially considering the strength of the US dollar!
Upstate Stock was born out of the simple fact that American manufacturing of the highest quality is still out there, the same manufacturing from decades ago that is both at a standard that very few countries can match, but also affordable. Over the last few decades, there has been a stark decrease in all areas of American manufacturing; factories and mills that were once thriving are now disappearing. Are there still factories out there in the US that can make goods to the standard American manufacturing was known for? The answer is a resounding yes…lots of them…still plugging away after decades and decades, and they are affordable.